Website Fearing's Audio Video Security
Fearing’s Audio Video Security is seeking top talent to help us continue our growth while maintaining outstanding customer service. Join us in Madison, Wisconsin, ranked the #8 place to live in America by livability.com Fearing’s, the 2015 Dane County Small Business of the Year, is a design-build Low Voltage Systems Integrator with our core disciplines in Audio, Video, Security, and Voice/Data/Fiber Cabling Systems serving the commercial, education, healthcare, and government marketplace in the Upper Midwest since 1997.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Low Voltage Installation Apprentice
JOB SUMMARY: The Low Voltage Installation Apprentice is an entry level position open for individuals who want to advance in the low voltage (structured cabling, AV, security, automation, etc.) industry. The apprentice will assist in the installation, modification, repair and maintenance of AV, security, voice, video, data, and fiber optic cabling systems.
A successful apprentice will have the opportunity to advance to a technician level and then into leadership roles within the low voltage industry.
- Assist technicians in the installation of AV and security systems, Category 5, Category 6, and Fiber Optic Systems.
- Installation of outlets, pulling cable, fire stopping and pre-termination including organizing, forming, dressing and labeling cables to industry standards.
- Terminate, assemble and install 8-pin modular connectors and coaxial connectors.
- Removal and demolition of abandoned cables.
- Perform work in retrofit and new construction environments and implement cut-overs.
- Attend training and safety meetings. Work safely at all times utilizing the necessary Personal Protection Equipment. Demonstrate safe working practices to other technicians.
- Perform administrative tasks including, but not limited to, documenting test results and as-builds, completing safety reports, keeping safety meeting minutes, maintaining log books, providing labor summary reports, etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Be self-motivated and dependable, showing up on time or early to work each day, follows instructions, and wants to learn and advance.
- Possess a high level of independent judgment within established procedures.
- Minimum of 2 years employment history that demonstrates, via references, that you are a highly motivated and dependable individual.
- Ability to work extended hours (overtime) as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Credible References Drug Screening and Background Check will be conducted.
- Pay Based on the quality of references and any previous experience.
- Health Benefits.
- Retirement Package.