Network Cabling is an Art-form
Creating your Masterpiece with tested performance,
from 1 cable drop to 1,000’s is our pleasure
As the need for bandwith expands, a superior network cabling infrastructure is crucial. 10 Gigabite networks are fast becoming the norm, even to the desktop in special cases exppaning the need for fiber optic cables to accomdate the bandwith on longer runs as a CAT 6 cable can only run 10 GbE up to 55 meters (180 FT). The use Passive Optical Networks (PON) are also growing as the price of the technology declines. A PON refers to a telecommunication technology that implements a point-to-multipoint architecture. In that case, unpowered fiber optical splitters can make a single optical fiber serve multiple end-points such as customers. WiFi Access Points also need be with high bandith networks to maiximise their performance. Our extensive knowledge and years of experience will allow you to save on installation expenses, easily implement future upgrades while saving year after year energy costs.
Fiber Optics Technology Integrations
According to Hyperline, one of Fearing’s vendors for the fiber cables, fiber cabling has 5 distinct capabilities:
- Higher Bandwidth: Fiber moves more data at higher speeds than copper cable. In fact, optic signals move through fiber at 70% of the speed of light.
- Greater Distance: Attenuation is lower with fiber optic than with copper cable, which means there is less signal loss, and data can travel farther.
- Higher Security: Optic signals cannot be hacked like electrical ones can be, so data transmission is more secure.
- No Electric Power: Fiber optic cable is not subject to electromagnetic interference (EMI), which means the signals maintain higher quality because they are not prone to interference and degradation due to EMI.
- Lighter Weight: Fiber optic cables are lighter than copper and easier to handle. They provide higher density at lower diameters, which means more cabling can fit in a tray, and there is more room for air to flow, which makes cooling more efficient.
Fiber lasts. It is immune to lightning, power surges, corrosion. For reasons of reliability and stability, it is being employed in government and health care operations. It is the best cabling mechanism we can use to create a truly reliable networked infrastructure.
What technologies use fiber optics?
There are many technologies in both residential and commercial environments: security & access control systems, between equipment racks, home theater video distribution, building to building network distribution and network switches to access points.
In the corporate environment, advances in connective technologies make an upgrade to fiber cabling nearly inevitable at this point. The changing prominence of the data center to most business functions makes reliable and fast access to data a high priority for business executives everywhere — or at least it should be.
Straightforward networks on traditional copper systems have given way to advanced systems like “cloud platforms, hybrid environments, software-defined networks, data lakes, edge processing and other advanced architectures that require high performance from end to end,” according to Hyperline Cabling Systems.
Fiber optic cabling in your home makes you ready for 8K video and future technologies, allows you to leverage the full power of your ISP connection, will handle increased connected devices, and increases the value of your home. Your home theater experience will never be the same!
Recent Project: Zendesk
Zendesk's collaborative work spaces require an array of technology integrations:
- Video over IP as a more flexible and cost-effective way of sending audio and video over the IT infrastructure.
- An effective and affordable direct LED video wall.
- Individual Zoom-rooms
Crestron, with Zoom Conferencing
News From Fearing's AVS
Featured Active Project: A Baraboo Company’s Cabling Fix to Keep Business Running SmoothlyJanuary 20, 2020
Quality Audio for Presentations and Conference Rooms: Getting the Most from the Shure Mic MXA910January 20, 2020
Fearing’s Employee Spotlight: Jarrod SelbachJanuary 20, 2020
Community UpdatesDecember 17, 2019
Fearing’s was excellent to work with and very creative! They provided great ideas and really managed to work with our needs and deliver customized solutions in a smart way. They just made it easy for us to get it done and manage it after.
Shaun, Manager, The Safe House
Over 95% of our customers give Fearing’s an
8, 9 or 10 out of 10
for customer satisfaction.